Sunday, April 06, 2008

So, I guess we can get those guns now, eh?

Charlton Heston has shuffled off this mortal coil. The various anti-gun nuts can get out their prybars and get to work defiling his corpse now.

I'll just say on his behalf...

"Get your paws off him, you damn dirty apes!!"

/salute
/mourn

I'm opposed to gun control in any form until it becomes legal, and the only way that can happen is via a Constitutional Amendment. All gun control laws on the books in the US are bullshit, and that's just the way it is.

Mind you, I happen to think some of them are good ideas, but I really, really, REALLY dislike the entire concept of Congress passing, the President signing, and the Supreme court not striking down, laws that completely violate both the letter and the spirit of the Constitution. It's not at all a good thing. There is a completely legal channel for allowing gun control to become legal, and it has been circumvented in its entirety, and that is exceptionally bad for democracy as practiced in the US of A.

See, law and order, that's what keeps me out of the stewpot. Erode, degrade, and tear it down, and sooner or later, I end up on the buffet.

If they amend the Constitution to remove the 2nd Amendment, then I'll get on board the Gun Control wagon, for a few blocks anyhow. Til then, "No!! Bad Congress!! Bad Supremes!! Bad President!! No treats for ANY of you!!"

You gave 'em hell, Chuck, thanks.

1 comment:

Laurie Boris said...

Hi, Nate,

I agree with you on this: the gun control laws on the books are all bullshit. Because NOBODY ENFORCES THEM. So, after there's a massive shooting somewhere done by someone who we're all left scratching our heads over because how did this guy get a gun in the first place, there's a giant hew and cry to PASS NEW LAWS! Like that's going to help.

Sometimes I'm very glad I don't own a gun...