Thursday, July 17, 2008

Took me long enough

So long, in fact, that I've likely already forgotten something or other, and left it out. If so, Ah ahpologahze.

Ok, so, I visited the ole homestead on the week after the 4th of July.

(And yeah, it has been a while since my last post, sue me.)

My flights to NY went hitch-free, and I arrived at SYR to be greeted by my mom, my brother A, his wife M, their three kids, and also by Orlo and Jojo and Lojo. (Pls note that thanks to internet whackos, I must use initials or nicknames to protect the people I care about, alas.) This led to some severe nipple-twisting, which I probably deserved.

I spent the first night (got in at 8:30pm, long day of travel) at mom's, on an air mattress, which was very comfy. Sunday morning, she and I headed to brother A's place (in the Blazer my little bro G loaned me, which was very nice of him (and I hope he gets good use out of the tankfull of gas I left in it, thanks again G)), where we met him and his, and bros G and J showed up with G's kids, and we all headed to Fair Haven beach, on a truly gloriously perfect day of absolutely unbeatable beach weather. There we proceeded to swim, play games, eat, and repeat all of that several times, and around noonplus Jojo, Orlo, Lojo, Mugg, and Jojo's sister S (and her daughter S) joined us in our revels. It was, if I may say, a really fun time.

I even managed to not be present when J insulted G causing him to leave with his kids in a huff (not that I blame G, J has a long track record of open mouth insert foot). Short of that, it was a day that was easily Epic, and quite likely will be revised in an upcoming patch as Legendary, possibly even an Artifact.

Monday I spent the AM at Orlo and Jojo's, having spent Sunday night there (on another air mattress, lol), and much of the PM at brother A's, where the karaoke machine saw vigorous usage.

Tuesday morning and early on I spent time with my mom, actually we watched a couple of the Pirates of the Caribbean movies courtesy of A. I went to the local bowling alley to hang out with Mugg and Orlo, and also my friends S & M XD and their little one.

Wednesday was more time with mom, and I think was the night that J came over to hang out for a bit. He apologized for Sunday, which was good. Mom and I finished with Captain Jack Sparrow, and moved on to National Treasures 1 & 2, which was fun. Somehow, The Music Man snuck in there. I still love the 'Madam Librarian' bit.

Thursday mom took me and my Aunt R to a local restaraunt I'd never even heard of, and I had this spectacular feast platter of Italian divineries: chicken broccoli alfredo, lasagna, tortellini, ravioli, even some spaghetti, and of course, meatballs and sausage. Then it was early to bed, early to rise, off I went, into the skies.

Back home safe and sound in River City. Where there's no trouble at all.

No comments: